Saturday, January 7, 2017

No Sew Canvas Drop Cloth bedskirt

Making over our Farmhouse Master Bedroom on a budget and I was needing a new bed skirt and I got one my pinterest and starting searching for ideas for my bed skirt but it also had to be cheap. I found this drop cloth idea all over pinterest so I did more research on finding the cheapest drop cloths in town, and I search Lowe's and Home Depot but still was a little too high for me, and I keep looking. I was so excited to discovered Harbor Freight close to my house even better was only $8.99 and they always have 20% coupons out but unfortunately I didn't use one this time but still got two drops for the price of one at Lowe's or Home Depot

Here's what I got:
two 4x12 canvas dropcloth
Hot glue gun
hot glue sticks
box springs (mine is a Queen)


First of all I didn't show this but I cut my drop cloth in half so I ended up with 4 separate pieces
I started at the top of the box springs and just hot glued and pulled over the drop cloth to my desired pleat and so on. I found it easier to glue all of the pleats first then hot glue the whole ruffled skirt onto the box springs


this was the start of the ruffled skirt as you can see I didn't really measured I just eyeballed the pleats, some are bigger than others but thats okay it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful.


this is how I folded the corners of the box springs




Here is the finished look, I was so happy with how it turned out, the room is coming together slowly but surely





Until next time have a cozy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment