Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Homemade Laundry Soap


I made my own Laundry soap today and I used (3) 5 gallon buckets to store it all in. Here is the recipe that I found to use:
1 14.7 oz bar Zote Soap or Fels-Naptha, grated
8 cups simmering water
When soap is completely melted add:
2 cups 20 Mule Team Borax
2 cups Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
3/4 to 1 cup Baking Soda
1 cup Oxyclean (I use Awesome brand)
4 tsp lemon extract or ess. oil
3 tsp butter extract or ess oil
(any fav scents or extracts work!)
Five gallon bucket plus enough hot water to fill bucket
large stir stick (free at most hardware stores)
10- 1 gallon jugs filled with 2 quarts of water (1/2 way full)

Here's a video tutorial on how to make it.



 Now I'm off to make the fabric softener. 
Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment