Saturday, October 6, 2018

EAT Sign...........

Happy Saturday Evening! I've been pretty busy today doing some updates on my front porch and making this EAT sign, I got inspired of course from pinterest here. I wanted to share with you how I made this sign.


Materials you will need are:

1-1x2x8
1/4in plywood I had on hand from another project
stain of your choice (I'm using minwax dark walnut)
white paint (I had it on hand from my house painting)
black jet paint from walmart .50 each
foam brush
Stapler which I didn't have in the picture

I cut my 1x2
30in long for the sides
9in for the top pieces
the 1/4 plywood was 8in wide and 33in long

 
I got busy painting and staining the wood, let it dry before putting the boards together


I forgot to take a picture before I drew the letters but you can see how the boards are together and I just stapled the 1/4 plywood to the 1x2s from the back just make sure you have long enough staples to go into the wood. I had to switch mine out to the longer ones.



For the hanger, I didn't wanna have to go to the store for wire so I just used what I had on hand. I found some twine, and got two small screws and tied them on the screws and screwed it in place, PERFECT worked like a charm!
(you can see the staples on the back of the board)






Its another step down in my dining room. I'm sure loving how it all has been turning out. I love doing diy project and anything I can do for cheaper I will do it. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and if you have any questions just let know. Have a great evening!





No comments:

Post a Comment