Saturday, October 20, 2018

DIY dollar tree Lantern

Good afternoon everyone! I hope you have been enjoying your weekend. I got up this morning with DIY projects on the brain, I feel like I do that everyday Ha! Anyways, started off with my usual a good hot cup of coffee, made breakfast and off to the Dollar Tree and then to the grocery store for a few things. I have been eyeing this Dollar Tree frame Lanterns everyone has been making and I just thought I would give it a go.

Here it is finished, I love how it turned out and now I got a lantern for different seasons or for decoration around the house.

I wanted to show you how I put mine together, there are ton of videos that will show you too but these is how I did mine.

This what I picked up at dollar tree except the glue gun

I started off taking the glass out of the frames and pulling the tabs out of the frames 

without tab

Next I hot glued the glass onto the frame just like this:




here is a video how to put the frame together I didn't get to take any pictures during mine but she shows you an easy way and sturdy one.

for the base alot of people didn't put one on or they used another picture frame but I had some scrape wood laying around so I opt for that. I measured it and cut it to the size of the frame. I had to make two pieces and hot glue them together.


Next I used some of the black cardboard that comes with the picture frames and made two pieces to fit around this piece of wood


Once I got it all hot glued to the board I was ready to glue it to the bottom of the lantern. 
Then I had the top part of the lanteren. I had used the last frame and took it apart and hot glued the pieces to make a triangle. But before I could glue them I had to cut two of the pieces down with the circular saw with an angle cut, and not very much off, just enough to fit all four sides together. I sure hope this all makes sense to you and if not just watch the video above and you can get the whole picture.

You can see the bottom of the lantern its just a base now instead of glass.



Well I hope you enjoyed seeing how I made my dollar tree lantern I will be showing it on my front porch next week. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment