Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Back Patio Redo



Awe my back patio has been a dump zone, cutting our wood, painting my projects, etc. It was time to fix it up and make it more of a place to come and hang out. Its just the start of my plans to this back patio. Its a covered patio for one and we loved it the first time we moved in about 16years ago. First thing it needed was a coat of paint on the concrete, I got the dark gray paint for patio, floor and concrete in the satin. 


Heres a before picture:

After: (this is just a start to my plan)


This is just a long fold up table got from walmart a few years back and its not the best table but it will work for now. I wanted my husband to make a wooden table like he did in our dining room here
and maybe some benches or chairs not sure yet.


The table cloth is just an old fitted sheet that I had and put an old fence picket piece had in the shed on the table and added my pumpkins I made from dollar tree here and pinecones and my vase of sunflowers. It just warms the dining area up 


This plant stand I found on the side of the road a few years back and there were two the same so I grabbed them up. I just had them in my shed for extra storage. I plan on going to the thrift stores and looking for a coffee pot so make coffee or hot chocolate in the winter. I will be adding some more things to the shelf as we use it. Under the curtains are just my husbands stuff for the smoker.


Here is the other shelf we will be using it for wood scraps my husband gets free from his work and we can use it for the chiminea.


Here's my husband's smoker, my garden is behind that which is moving to the backyard and will be bigger next year. I still need a small can a paint to finish this side of the patio


This is where the fun is at. We love sitting around the fire and just talking, listening to music and just enjoying each others company.


Behind the fire area I have this little space I got extra chairs, plant and my deer painting I made last year out of pallets. I thought it would be a great piece out on the patio. 
I will probably get some blankets in a basket to put there too.


I just hung some old christmas lights I had from our house for now. I really love the lights at night so fun and romantic.


Back door to the house with my fall wreath I got at Target about several years ago.


Here is looking in from the backyard, this is my favorite area around the house now to come and hang out with my family.
Hopefully before it turns off cold for the winter, my husband and I are going to replace the big posts on the patio and cover that area off for more privacy, but it will also block the sun and the cold wind we get in the winter time. I will be posting pictures of when we do the project. Can't wait til its altogether how I really want it. But when you are on a budget you use what you have and make it work for now. The best it yet to come.


Well I hope you enjoyed my patio makeover still in progress.........Will be posting any updates that I may do here. Knowing me I'm very impatience it won't be long LOL! Have a great day!










No comments:

Post a Comment